Please also review the Terms of Service that govern your use of our Services.
References to “user” or “you” mean any person submitting any data, personal or otherwise, on this Website and Service or otherwise interacting with our Services.
Information Collected by WeSure
We may collect two types of information:
The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-Personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the individual from who we have collected the Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information, which is being gathered consists of technical information, and may contain, among other things, the type of operating system and type of browser, type of device, your action in the Website or Services (such as session duration and page impressions).The second type of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person (for example, name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number and online identifiers) (“Personal Information”).
For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
Depending on your interaction with us, WeSure may collect information, as follows:
(a) Information you provide directly to us.
Depending on the products or Services that we currently offer or may offer in the future which you have or wish to have with us, and depending on whether (i) you are a customer or a prospective customer of WeSure, or (ii) an appointed WeSure retail sub-agent/sub-agency or a prospective WeSure retail sub-agent/sub-agency, WeSure may, either directly or through third party data and service providers, collect information about you and your business (and your clients, in case you are an appointed WeSure retail sub-agent/sub-agency) in order to underwrite, sell, solicit, and negotiate insurance products and services. This may include some or all of the following information:
- Your first and last name; phone number, including cell phone number (both work and personal); home address; employment address; email address (both work and personal); date of birth; gender; any online profile you may have, including but not limited to your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google accounts; marital status, financial data, educational background, and employment history.
- Information pertaining to your employment or business, including your business name (both its legal name and your “DBA” name); Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) number, business ownership structure; length of time in business; the type of work you do; the number of employees or contractors you employ; the types of work your subcontractors do; type of work your employees do; estimated payroll (overall business and per employee); the time of day your employees work; employee names; business owners’ and officers’ names (state/location, name, date of birth, title, ownership percentage, duties, class code, payroll); location of workers and employees; concentration of employees and group transportation; employee turnover; employee activities with higher risks, background checks, safety, and hiring; FEIN and other state unemployment identifications and/or tax identifications; employee age(s); whether employees are seasonal or volunteers; the types of employees you hire; whether you lease or lease out employees; your company’s business and other business revenue metrics; the insurance status for workers and subcontractors; the reasons why you may, if applicable, be looking for insurance compensation; and other information required for underwriting decisions.
- The amount of time you have worked in your industry.
- The number of vehicles you have, your vehicle identification number(s) (VIN), the address where the vehicle is registered (with the DMV), the address where the vehicle is parked overnight, the name of the vehicle’s registered owner, the ownership status of the vehicle (i.e. leased, financed, owned), the name of the leaseholder (if applicable), the primary use of the vehicle and annual miles driven, the year you were first licensed in the United States, any previous auto accidents and/or incidents, your driver’s license number.
- Information related to any prior/current insurance information or prior/current insurance claims.
- Information related to whether you are licensed to do certain types of work.
- Account history and data that you voluntarily provide us.
- Any information you submit to us when/if you get in touch with our customer service team via contact form at WeSure, email, chat, phone, or other means.
- Any information you submit when writing a review about the products you have purchased. Please note that submitting an online review of a product is public and generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, third parties. WeSure cannot control, and is not responsible for, any collection or distribution by third parties of Personal Information that is published on a public forum.
Any other information you voluntarily provide us.
You must only submit to us or the Website information and Personal Information, including related to your applicable business, work, etc., which is accurate and not misleading, and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any relevant changes via the contact information below. If the information you provide includes Personal Information of individuals (including your employees), you represent that you have provided notice to that third party and have obtained his or her consent.
(b) Personal Information collected from third party sources:
For any Personal Information you provide in order to obtain any of our Services, we may collect or verify the same or similar information from our affiliates and other third parties, such as employers, insurers, brokers or agents, credit agencies, departments of motor vehicle and driver licensing, financial institutions, healthcare providers, and other sources, subject to applicable laws. In addition, WeSure may search across various public Internet sources about you or your company.
Information gathered from third party sources may further include the information listed under section (a) above, however provide to us by our agents (to whom you have provided such information), and may further include criminal background of business owners; credit score; history of bankruptcy, tax, or credit liens; history of lawsuits related to poor workmanship, construction defects, water intrusion, or mold/fungi; and information relating to insurance or employee benefit programs.
(c) Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain information, using automated technologies, including web server logs that compile IP addresses, web beacons, and cookies. This may include your IP address, and the date and time you accessed our Services. We might also collect information about clicks, which pages you have been browsing, etc.
We may further collect information associated with your social media or other online account, such as your public profile and email address connected to those accounts, when you access our Website through such an account (such as by clicking on our advertisement through your social media account). Your activity on social media platforms or other online accounts are governed by the privacy policies of those other companies. These companies will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data.
How We Use Your Personal Information
WeSure collects Personal Information, for a variety of purposes, as described below (collectively, “Purposes”). This may include to:
- Underwrite, sell, solicit, and negotiate insurance products and services.
- Process your Quote Application and purchase of Policy.
- Contact you regarding your Quote Application, Policies, upcoming and/or failed payments, renewals, and endorsements, or for any other reason concerning your transactions with WeSure.
- Provide you with a requested quote or offer goods and services of a third-party vendor. When you submit contact information to us as part of an attempted or completed request for a quote or offer for goods and services, you consent to receive telephone calls, emails, text messages, mailers, or other similar communications in connection with these goods and services.
- Contact you with relation to our Services and products or services offered through our Services if you expressly provide us with your contact information in connection with our Services or the products or services offered through our Services.
- Provide you with information and/or services you request.
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services.
- Inform you regarding products and services we may offer.
- Payment processing
- Analyze claims.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Improve and personalize our Website, Content and Services.
- Advertising and marketing our Services.
- Obtain and update insurance or credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies.
- Monitor and administer accounts and the Services thereto.
- Conduct employee and other training.
- Perform market analysis, analytics, advertising and marketing of products and services to you, or to facilitate advertising and marketing.
- Fulfill contractual obligations.
- Comply with or satisfy a legal or regulatory requirements.
- Fulfill any additional commercial purposes, provided that it is within the applicable law(s).
- With Whom Do We Share Your Personal InformationDepending on the products or Services that we currently offer or may offer in the future which you have or wish to have with us, and depending on whether (i) you are a customer or a prospective customer of WeSure, or (ii) an appointed WeSure retail sub-agent/sub-agency or a prospective WeSure retail sub-agent/sub-agency, weSure may disclose your Personal Information, as follows:
- To insurers, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, brokers, underwriters, insurance reference bureaus, medical service providers, fraud detection agencies, our advisers, loss adjusters, lawyers, accountants, and others involved in the underwriting or claims handling processes (“Disclosure”). Additionally, to guaranty funds or agencies, applicable rating agencies of the financial institution, persons assessing our compliance with industry standards, and our attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
- To third parties who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, including payment processors, marketing, and advertising. Please note that we use third-party payment processor to process the payments in consideration for Policies. We will not obtain your payment details, which will be stored solely by the payment processor. The processing of your payment details will be subject to the applicable third-party processor’s policies.
- As permitted by law, to third party insurance rate advisory organizations and other organizations who compile commercial databases of insurance and financial information which may include premium and loss data, vehicle history, name, address, ownership structure, liens, judgements, and payment history.
- To comply with the law, enforce our agreements and policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- If we are required to do so or have the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process or request served on WeSure.
- When necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- As required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- For any other purpose you have consented to when required by applicable law and regulations.
For How Long Will We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is retained for as long as we need it for our business and to provide you with the Services as well as in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. When it is no longer necessary for us to retain your Personal Information, we will discard the information in accordance with the applicable law.
WeSure takes steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access. While we take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should use caution whenever submitting information through email or the Website and take special care in deciding which information you provide us.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and how they work at www.aboutcookies.org.
You can configure your internet browser preferences to limit the acceptance and storage of cookies, but blocking all cookies may limit your browsing experience on our and other websites.
The cookies WeSure uses vary. Some of the cookies WeSure uses are necessary to allow users to navigate secure areas containing content for registered users. WeSure also uses functional cookies to gather information about user choices such as language, region, or other settings
WeSure uses analytical services to determine the effectiveness of our content, what interests our users, and the functionality of our Services.
WeSure utilizes performance cookies to track how many individual users visit our Website and how often they do so.
In addition, cookie’s data is usually collected through the use of third-party services, like Google, Facebook, etc. In those cases, your Personal Information might be transferred to those third parties, which might link it and use it together with other information they have on you from other sources. Such data is “owned” and processed separately by those third parties under their terms and conditions and the direct accounts or subscriptions you have with those third parties.
We use Google Analytics in order to track and analyze the use of our Website, and for statistical internal purposes, such as, to know how many users have accessed our Website. For additional information of our use of Google products, click HERE.
You can control and manage your cookies in various ways. You can control whether you block or accept cookies by modifying your internet browser settings, including the selection of “do not track” options. You can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies. Most browsers also allow you to individually delete cookies, though this may cause you to lose preferences you set for various websites. Note that removing or blocking cookies may impair your user experience and prevent access to portions of WeSure’s Website.
Please see the following links for more information with respect to how you can block or erase cookies via your particular browser: Google Chrome; Firefox; Internet Explorer; Safari; Edge; Opera.
You can opt-out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies by following the instructions on the Google website at https://myaccount.google.com/yourdata/search to update your privacy settings or by downloading the google analytic extension at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
We acknowledge that different people have different privacy concerns and preferences. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. We provide you with the ability to exercise certain choices, rights and controls in connection with your Personal Information. Depending on your relationship with us, data protection and privacy laws provide you with some of the following principal rights regarding your Personal Information, including (and depending on your jurisdiction): the right to access your Personal Information that we hold; the right to ensure your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date; the right to have your Personal Information amended (by correcting, deleting or adding information); the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to the extent applicable; the right to withdraw consent, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; the right to non-discrimination and the right to cease sharing or selling your Personal Information as such terms are defined under applicable laws. You may exercise any or all of your above rights in relation to your Personal Information by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WeSure and is based in the United States. WeSure only offers its Services to United States residents (in the specific territories where WeSure is licensed).
Rights of California Residents
WeSure does not share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Therefore, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) does not apply to weSure.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Website does not currently respond to browser DNT signals. For more information on DNT, see https://allaboutdnt.com/.
WeSure Does Not Intend to Collect Information of Children
WeSure Digital Insurance Services, Inc.
220 East 42nd Street, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Last Revision Date: December 9, 2022